In this example, I will configure firstname.lastname@example.org in Outlook 2007
- By following the step 6 in “How to create new Email & Change Password” post, you will get the “Manual Settings” you required to set up emails in Outlook 2007.The settings highlighted in yellow are the most important information you required.
2. Open Outlook 2007, go to Tools – Account Settings…
3. In the new window, click “New…” under the “E-mail” section.
4. In the next step, choose “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP”, then click next
5. In the next window, tick “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”, and then click Next.
6. In the next window, choose “Internet Email”, click “Next”.
7. In the next window, use the “Manual Settings” information you previously get from cPanel, and put them into Outlook configuration page.
Manual Settings information previously gets from cPanel:
Put the information into the Outlook page.
“Your Name” section is how do you want to call this mailbox in your Outlook, it does not affect sending/receiving emails.
Tick “Remember password”
Click “More Setting”
8. Click “More Settings…” in the previous page, then you will come to the “Internet E-mail Settings” page.
Click “Advanced” , then change the “Outgoing server (SMTP):” port number to the one you get from “Manual Settings information from cPanel:” In this example, it is 26.
Then click “OK” to return to previous page.
9. Click “Test Account Settings…”
You will see the below window. When you see message “Send test e-mail message” Completed, it means the account is now successfully set up in your Outlook. Now click “Close” to close this window.
10. Click “Next” , then click “Finish” to complete the setting.